A Short Example Of Research Paper About Computer Addiction
Have you been asked to write research paper on computer addiction? Are you struggling to come up with something of substance to write your research paper on? Don’t worry, help is at hand. Here is a short example of a research paper about computer addiction to get your creative juice flowing.
According to statistics approximately 12% of the American population is addicted to computers. Their usage either off or online interferes with their relationships, daily routine and a person’s overall well being. There are several reasons as to why an individual might become addicted to computers ranging from an online shopping addiction, an online gambling addiction, or a gaming addiction. This research paper aims to discuss the issue of computer addiction.
The characteristics of the a computer addiction involve an excessive desire to use the internet that results in negative social consequences either financially, emotionally, socially or physically. Having obsessive tendencies towards a computer can lead to productivity issues; it can cause a person to neglect hygiene and self care and a range of other problems.
Please bear in mind that not everyone who spends hours behind a computer screen is addicted to computers. People who work from home and students completing long projects often spend extended amounts of time on a computer.
Every individual is different and there are no set amount of hours that determine whether or not you are a computer addict or not. The addiction is based upon the consequences that arise from a person spending any amount of time on a computer.
What are the signs?
There are several signs that will indicate whether or not an individual is addicted to computers or not. There are no actual physical dependencies that can develop as a result of having a computer addiction. The issues are typically psychological and emotional. Here are some possible signs of addiction:
- Feeling a strong urge to use the go online, play a game or develop programs.
- Constant thoughts about using the computer.
- When guests are in your home, neglecting them to spend time on the computer.
- Shopping online when you are supposed to be an important assignment.
- Telling your loved ones lies about the true nature of your computer usage.
- Feeling anxious when you need to use the computer or when you have to get off the computer.
- Irritability or mood swings when you are unable to spend as much time on the computer as you would like.
- Telling yourself you will log off the computer at a certain time and then being unable to do so.
Your research paper is going to be a lot longer than this. However, these are just some ideas that you can expand upon and develop into a more in-depth paper. Although computer addiction is a relatively new diagnosis, there is plenty of material that you will be able to find in libraries and online to assist you in writing an A grade paper.